Lil Jon at the Airport

小约翰戴着大号太阳镜和他最喜欢的帽子走进了机场。Lil Jon walked into the airport wearing big sunglasses and his favorite hat.他提着一个沉重的包。He carried a heavy bag.
当他走到柜台时,那位女士说,When he reached the check-in counter, the woman said,
“先生,您今天要托运行李吗?”“Sir, are you checking any luggage today?”
小约翰回答:“是的!”Lil Jon replied, “Yeah!”
她问:“是您自己打包这些行李的吗?”She asked, “Did you pack these bags yourself?”
小约翰回答:“是的!”Lil Jon replied, “Yeah!”
她礼貌地问:“这些行李一直都在您身边吗?”She politely asked, “Have these bags been with you the whole time?”
小约翰说:“什么?!”Lil Jon said, “What?!”
她重复问:“这些行李一直在您手中吗?”She repeated, “Have these bags been in your hands the whole time?”
小约翰把头发撩到一边。Lil Jon brushed his hair aside.然后他说:“什么?!”Then he said, “What?!”
她又问:“这些行李一直都在您身边吗?”She asked again, “Have these bags been with you the whole time?”
小约翰因为不明白问题回答:“什么?!”Lil Jon, not understanding the question, replied, “What?!”
她再次问:“这些行李一直都在您身边吗?”She asked once more, “Have these bags been with you the whole time?”
小约翰回答:“是的!”Lil Jon replied, “Yeah!”
值机员确认:“好的,您一切就绪。”The gate agent confirmed, “Alright, you’re all set.”
小约翰说:“好的!”Lil Jon said, “Okay!”
这是小约翰生活中的一个片刻。This has been a moment in the life of Lil Jon.
Want to read along with audio? Every story in the Literate Chinese app is narrated by a native speaker — in Mainland or Taiwan Mandarin — so you can listen while you read, and tap any word to save it as a flashcard. See what's in the app.
