The Sailor's Advice

一个人在海边遇见一个刚从海上回来的水手。A man met a sailor who had just returned from the sea.他们开始聊天。They started talking.
那个人问水手:The man asked the sailor:“你很喜欢大海吗?”“Do you really like the sea?”
“当然。”“Of course.”
水手回答说,“我的家人同我一样,也都爱海。”The sailor replied, “My family loves the sea just like I do.”
“你父亲现在在哪里?”“Where is your father now?”
“他死在海里。”“He died at sea.”
“你的祖父呢?”“What about your grandfather?”
“他死在大西洋里。”“He died in the Atlantic Ocean.”
“你的哥哥……”“And your brother…”
“他在一场风暴中失踪了,那时他在印度洋捕鱼。”“He disappeared in a storm while fishing in the Indian Ocean.”
“如果我是你,”那个人说,“If I were you,” the man said,“我不会再去海上。”“I would never go to sea again.”
水手问那个人:“你的父亲死在哪里?”The sailor asked the man: “Where did your father die?”
“他在床上去世的。”“He passed away in his bed.”
“你的祖父呢?”“And your grandfather?”
“他也死在床上。”“He also died in bed.”
水手笑着说:“如果我是你,我就永远不上床!”The sailor smiled and said: “If I were you, I would never go to bed!”
Want to read along with audio? Every story in the Literate Chinese app is narrated by a native speaker — in Mainland or Taiwan Mandarin — so you can listen while you read, and tap any word to save it as a flashcard. See what's in the app.
